Monday 22 October 2012

I Wish I Was A Ferret

I wish I was a ferret but not just any one,
I’d like to be from Spain and then from Castellón.
I’d like to have a contract for my ideal work
and I’d like to get my meals there as a little perk.
Did you know that they’re crepuscular? Ferrets are like owls
but they can use their anal gland if it gets too loud.
So much fun to be a ferret with the job security
working in Valencia for the air authority,
sleeping 18 hours and working with a smile
in the shadow of a gobshite standing tens of metres high.
Sorry, Carlos Fabra, if this seems like an indictment:
Ferrets do the weasel war dance when there is excitement.
And, finally, one more before asking for forgiveness:
The collective noun for ferrets is indeed a business.

(Explanation: Local Castellón Populist Party politician, Carlos Fabra, spent years and a fortune building his personal project, an airport in the Valencia region of Spain. In 2011 it was ready for action. To date, it has had zero action except for that of the ferret crew whose €600,000 contract began before the airport was due to open in order to have pests like rabbits and pigeons under control before landings and takeoffs would commence.
Inspired by:http://www.psmag.com/business-economics/airport-to-nowhere-spains-costly-no-fly-zone-39797/ )